This quick trick revolutionized the way I cook sweet potatoes. Every time I wanted to have sweet potato for supper I always changed my mind because I knew it would take like a hundred years to cook in the oven, well an hour to be honest. I then though there has to be a quicker way, so I Googled “quick cooking sweet potato”. Let me share with you what I found on how to cook a sweet potato in 10 minutes.
- Take one sweet potato and scrub under running water or in the sink with some water – be water wise if you use running water.
- Prick with a fork or knife all over.
- Cover with a paper towel or serviette.
- Dampen your wrapped potato under the tap.
- Pop into the microwave for 5 minutes, then rotate and cook for another 5 minutes.
You may need to repeat the last step once or twice more depending on the size of the sweet potato, but in general it takes about 10 minutes and then it’s cooked.
I hope you enjoy this quick trick for cooking sweet potatoes.