I have just discovered one of the quickest and easiest to make breakfasts ever. It also contains two of my favourite ingredients, avo and cheese, which is an added bonus.
I’m not sure what to call it… an avo egg cup? Here’s how to make it.
You will need:
- 1 ripe avo
- 2 eggs
- grated cheese
- salt and pepper or any other seasoning you would like.
Here’s what to do:
- Cut the avo in half and remove the pip. If it’s a small pip you may have to remove some avo from the middle.
- Crack the egg into the middle of the avo.
- Add salt, pepper and any additional spice.
- Microwave for 3 – 5 minutes. The length of time is determined by how you like your eggs and the strength of your microwave.
- Once cooked sprinkle some grated cheese on. You can also add the cheese just before it’s finished cooking to melt it.
From this to this in a few minutes…
When I discovered this recipe I saw that you can also do it in the oven. If you would prefer to bake it you follow all the steps and then back the avo egg cup at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes. I don’t have time to wait for the oven to get hot and then 20 minutes for my eggs so the microwave works perfectly for me.
Happy breakfast making…