I’ve wanted to make this dish for quite a while now. When I saw it in this AMAZING recipe book called Harvest, that I took out from the library I was like, “yes – this will be made for supper tonight”.
What you need
- 8 courgettes, (baby marrows)
- 3 medium onions, (I sued one – not a fan of too much onion)
- 10 tomatoes
- 2 large peppers
- 1 bouquet garni, (I had no idea what this was so I used about a handful of basil and thyme instead)
- 4 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
What to do
- Peel and slice the onions. Chop the courgettes into chunks, seed and chop the peppers and cut the tomatoes
- Lightly fry the onion and garlic in olive oil. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Fry the other ingredients for five minutes and then return the onion and garlic and add the garni, (basil and thyme).
- Cover the pan and cook gently stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- Remove garni before serving, (if using this).
This can be served hot or cold, on just about any thing. I made a cauliflower bread/pizza that we ate it with. This recipe will follow shortly. I liked how fresh the ratatouille tasted – was kind of a flavour explosion in my mouth.