I had some strawberries and peaches that were about to be too over ripe to eat. I really hate throwing away food so I went to Google and asked it for a peach muffin recipe. I then just added the strawberries and hoped that it will work… And it did. I’ve found a new website for recipes and I love it. This is the second time I’ve used Genius Kitchen for a recipe.
Here’s the recipe for theses yummy muffins, including the added amount for the strawberries.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1 cup chopped peaches
- 1⁄2 cup strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease muffin tins or greased/floured 9″ x5″ bread loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, sugars and cinnamon. Make a well in the center; add the eggs, oil and vanilla and stir just until dry mixture is moistened.
- Stir in almonds, if using them.
- Stir in the chopped peaches.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter into the muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick tests done.
- If baking in the loaf pan, bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done.