I found this super quick two ingredient chocolate tart recipe on Food24 about two weeks ago. I’ve made it twice now and it’s pretty flop proof. What I like about it is that you can use white, milk or dark chocolate for it, it’s quick and very easy. It’s also banting, so if you have friends who don’t eat carbs you can make this for tea when they come over.
- 4 eggs separated
- 180g chocolate, (white, milk or dark)
What to do
I used Lint dark chocolate when I made it so it wasn’t too sweet.
- Preheat oven to 170° C. Line and grease a 20cm cake tin. (I used a tart dish to prevent the stress of it sticking or braking as I did the flip to get it out the tin)
- Melt the chocolate and set aside. Beat egg whites until stiff. Add the egg yolks to the chocolate once it has cooled down slightly.
- Add 1/3 of the egg whites and stir through. Add another 1/3 of the egg whites and fold in with a big metal spoon. Add the last 1/3 of the whites and fold through gently – trying to keep in all the air and fluffiness.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake in and bake in the oven for 35 – 40 mins. Allow to cool before decorating or cutting.
When I made it the first time I halved strawberries and piled them on top of the tart and had cream available to have with it. When I made it the second time I melted white chocolate and made “swirls” around it.
**helpful hint for melting chocolate – I melt chocolate in the microwave now to prevent water splashing in when doing it on the stove double boiler style. I pop the bowl with chocolate into the microwave for 3 minutes and then stir it around. If it needs to go back in for a few seconds I pop it back in. I then take it out and stir until all the chocolate has melted.
Happy baking this easy tart!