Last weekend I was feeling a bit adventurous in the kitchen so I decided to make something with what we had in the fridge. I was going to make carbonara but changed my mind because I wanted something different. I knew I had to use the cream we had because it was about to go off, so I kind of went with it and added a bunch of random stuff. It turned out amazing!
- two chicken breasts – cut into cubes
- 250ml cream
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- +/- 10 baby tomatoes halved
- half a punnet of chopped mushrooms
- half a green pepper – chopped
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper for flavour
- pasta or grated/ sliced baby marrows. I used a whole punnet of baby marrows.
Here’s what to do to create the magic
- Fry the diced onion and garlic in oil, (olive or coconut).
- Add chicken to frying onion mix and brown.
- Fry mushrooms, green pepper and tomoatos in butter before adding to pan to browned chicken and onions.
- Add fresh basil, salt and pepper and fry together for a minute or so before adding cream.
- Cook until cream sauce has reduced.
- In the meantime cook your pasta or baby marrows before serving.
The next time I make this I want to try it with salmon.